C3-Corvette Restoration

Restoration of a 1977 Corvette Stingray

              Home                              History                              Specifications                              Links                              Suppliers                              Contact

Index

 

 

 

 

 

 

April10

 

 

 

 

 

March10

 

 

 

 

 

February10

 

 

 

 

 

January10

 December09

 

 

 

 

 

November09

 

 

 

 

 

October09

 

 

 

 

 

September09

 

 

 

 

 

August09

 

 

 

 

 

July09

 

 

 

 

 

June09

 

 

 

 

May09

 

 

 

 

 

 

April09

 

 

 

 

 

March09

 

 

 

 

 

Feb09

 

 Jan09

 

 Dec08

 

 Nov08

 

 Oct 08

 

 Sept 08

 

 Aug 08

 

 

 

 

 

 July 08

 

 

 

 

 

 June 08

 

 

 

 

 

 May 08

 

 

 

 

 

 April 08

 

 March 08

 

 Feb 08

 

 Jan 08

 

December 07

 

 November 07

 

April 2010

Part 1

 

 

 

Recaro's

 

 

In April's installment i will be making up seating brackets to fit the new Recaro seats, the orginal seats were very tatty and suffering from rust on the frame and springs, these are also well known for being uncomfortable, the Recaro's will give more support and a comfortable ride.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Recaro's as i purchased them, they were originally from a Ford Fiesta RS.

 

 

First job, strip the seats...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The seats were stripped and the baulsters checked, most seem to be good with minimal wear, i did have to replace the bottom drivers side baulster.

 

The webbing in the seat base was fine, the next next step was to lower the seats.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The seats stand quite high off the floor in a Fiesta, the Corvette has alot less head room so the seat had to be lowered in order to fit and leave enough headroom.

 

 

I removed the adjustment/fixing part from the seat base, next i cut into the 'tray' along the spot welds to begin the lowering process.

 

 

I cut the base down (on the left of the picture) by 30mm, the base was then welded back onto the seat bottom.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The seat base was then wire wheeled and given two coats of undercoat and two coats of satin black.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The seats were then taken to Nicks Trimming for some new leather trim.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The seats were trimmed in midnight blue, dove grey with dove grey piping, the picture was taken hours after the new covers were fitted, over the next few days the leather and foam will bed in and look better.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Next job was to fabricate some new bases to mount the seats....

 

 

 

 

 

 

   <== Previous Page            Next Page ==>

 

Free Hit Counters

c3-corvette.co.uk 2003 Privacy Policy Terms Of Use