C3-Corvette Restoration

Restoration of a 1977 Corvette Stingray

              Home                              History                              Specifications                              Links                              Suppliers                              Contact

Index

 

 

 

 

 

 

April10

 

 

 

 

 

March10

 

 

 

 

 

February10

 

 

 

 

 

January10

 December09

 

 

 

 

 

November09

 

 

 

 

 

October09

 

 

 

 

 

September09

 

 

 

 

 

August09

 

 

 

 

 

July09

 

 

 

 

 

June09

 

 

 

 

May09

 

 

 

 

 

 

April09

 

 

 

 

 

March09

 

 

 

 

 

Feb09

 

 Jan09

 

 Dec08

 

 Nov08

 

 Oct 08

 

 Sept 08

 

 Aug 08

 

 

 

 

 

 July 08

 

 

 

 

 

 June 08

 

 

 

 

 

 May 08

 

 

 

 

 

 April 08

 

 March 08

 

 Feb 08

 

 Jan 08

 

December 07

 

 November 07

 

April 2010

Part 2

 

 

 

Recaro's

 

 

Next job was to fabricate some new bases to mount the seats, the seats in the Vette dont sit perfectly square in the car, this ment i had to physically load the seat into the car to check dimensions to get the driving position lined up and make sure the seats fitted correctly as they are a tight fit!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The front bracket was welded on, from my initial placement of the seat (track was bolted back onto the seat and seat aligned in the car), the front side nearest the tunnel seamed to be close, a bracket was welded on to give the width to use original bolt pattern.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I then measured the location of the rear bolt holes and cut two lengths of 2mm steel 225mm long x 40mm wide, the track was then placed back in the car to check alignment and mark the fixing points of the new peices on the track.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I tacked the new peices on the track, aligned teh holes and all seemed to be good, you have to make sure the track is square to the opposite side, there is movement in the rails! 

 

 

Once i was happy i welded up the peices and check again with the track bolted to the seat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Once the weldeing was complete i wire wheeled the whole track...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...and primed the track ready for some satin black paint.

 

 

There was no point in going into details of all the measurements in this post as all seat bases are different and will require custom fabrication, but i hope this has given people an idea of how to approach this kind of fixing problem.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Heres the seat and the new track/fixing, hopely iwill get the trim peice through the post this week, once the windscreen and trim is fixed i can install the carpet and seats.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Before i fitted the front carpets and seats i wanted to get the windscreen fitted, i have dry fitted the screen and trims and all seemed to be good.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

First job, get the corner mouldings fitted, the four screws were removed and a bead of SIkaflex was applied around all the mating surfaces, i made sure there was plenty on to seal the mouldings from water.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   <== Previous Page            Next Page ==>

 

Free Hit Counters

c3-corvette.co.uk 2003 Privacy Policy Terms Of Use