C3-Corvette Restoration

Restoration of a 1977 Corvette Stingray

              Home                              History                              Specifications                              Links                              Suppliers                              Contact

Index

 

 Jan09

 

 Dec08

 

 Nov08

 

 Oct 08

 

 Sept 08

 

 Aug 08

 

 

 

 

 

 July 08

 

 

 

 

 

 June 08

 

 

 

 

 

 May 08

 

 

 

 

 

 April 08

 

 March 08

 

 Feb 08

 

 Jan 08

 

December 07

 

 November 07

 

February 2008

Part 2

 

 

Chassis Rebuild

 

 

I fitted the wheels and rolled the chassis out to fit the brake callipers, new stainless brake lines and pipes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I used new bolts with some copper grease to secure the brake callipers, this will help if i need to remove them again at a later date.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

With the callipers fitted i installed the new stainless steel brake lines, i purchased a new set of clips, the old onse would take time to clean up and the new clips are cheap enough.

 

The new lines that are pre-bent into shape fitted very well, a few tweeks around some of the tight corners and the brake lines were on, i found it easier to fit the lines then the proportioning valve then tighten the clips, this allows you 'fine tune' the position without bending the lines or putting stress on the couplings.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I fitted the new stainless handbrake cable and connected up the brake shoes, very simple and easy job.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After spending weeks looking for replacement parts for the birdcage the replacement parts were on thier way

 

 

 

 

 

   <== Pevious Page          Next Page==>

 

Free Hit Counters

 

c3-corvette.co.uk 2003 Privacy Policy Terms Of Use