C3-Corvette Restoration

Restoration of a 1977 Corvette Stingray

              Home                              History                              Specifications                              Links                              Suppliers                              Contact













































 Oct 08


 Sept 08


 Aug 08






 July 08






 June 08






 May 08






 April 08


 March 08


 Feb 08


 Jan 08


December 07


 November 07


July 2009

Part 1







I peiced together the center consol (lower peice) after the clean up and re-paint in aluminium silver, window switches, trans shift marker and heater controls bolted in place.








I couldnt resist trying the consol in place to see how it was going to look, the gauges need calabrating, then i will fix them in place as well, should look nice with the white gauge faces and blue backlights.




















One from the passenger side.


















I spent along time stripping and cleaning all the connections in the loom, this is a long boring job, but needs to be done, i also had to remove some scotch locks and solder the wires where teh indicator conversion had be done on the rear.


The rear loom was quite badly bubba'd, i had 4 hours work striping back the tape, cleaning wires, connectors and soldering up bad connections.










After stripping out bubba's handy work i re-taped the loom and routed it through some convaluted ducting and re-attached the earths.


To complete the loom i used heat shrink tubing on the connectors and joints, this is great to work with and leaves the loom looking like a pro's job.


















Next i started to connect all the connectors at the rear, in the cockpit and in teh engine bay ready for attaching the battery and hoping the fuses dont all go POP!

















   <== Previous Page            Next Page ==>


Free Hit Counters

c3-corvette.co.uk 2003 Privacy Policy Terms Of Use