C3-Corvette Restoration

Restoration of a 1977 Corvette Stingray

              Home                              History                              Specifications                              Links                              Suppliers                              Contact

Index

 

 

 

 

 

July09

 

 

 

 

 

June09

 

 

 

 

May09

 

 

 

 

 

 

April09

 

 

 

 

 

March09

 

 

 

 

 

Feb09

 

 Jan09

 

 Dec08

 

 Nov08

 

 Oct 08

 

 Sept 08

 

 Aug 08

 

 

 

 

 

 July 08

 

 

 

 

 

 June 08

 

 

 

 

 

 May 08

 

 

 

 

 

 April 08

 

 March 08

 

 Feb 08

 

 Jan 08

 

December 07

 

 November 07

 

June 2009

Part 1

 

 

 

Interior

 

 

 

The next stage is to get the sound deadning/heat shield in the car, before installing the heater matrix and wiring, i opted to purchase a roll of sound deadning from Martrim in Sandbach, Cheshire, these guys stock a variety of grades along with leather, vinyl etc.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I set up a bench to measure and cut the material, a good surface to work on is a must as this material is thick and needs alot of pressure and a good knife to cut it clean.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I cut a peice for the offside roughly to size, then shaped the material in the corners and footwell.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Once the offside was cut to shape i started on the nearside, trying to cut one peice and shape was hardwork, so i decided to cut this side in two peices.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Once i had the shape i tried the peices in, trimmied up the edges and both sides were ready to glue into place.

I used the recommended contact adhesive supplied by Martrim, which looks, smells and works just like Evo-Stik........

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The material stuck in the footwell, i managed to wrap the material up the tunnel walls and will cut fillets to infill the top, i found that sticking the material down starting at one end and sticking it down in stages allowed me to make small adjustments throughout.

 

Once the glue had dried i poked a srewdriver through the seat mounts from underneath, i could then cut out a square to 'let in' the seat mounts.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

More on the next page.............

 

 

 

 

 

   <== Previous Page            Next Page ==>

 

Free Hit Counters

c3-corvette.co.uk 2003 Privacy Policy Terms Of Use