First i stripped and cleaned the heater matrix and ducting, all the components were stripped off, metal parts wire wheeled, primed and painted, the heater core was cleaned using wire wool and checked for leaks.
I then peiced the components together on teh bench to make sure they all fitted and test fitted the seals before evo stik was applied to secure them.
I installed the interior loom and main heater box to ensure everything was lined up properly before fixing the heater in place, the wiring is quite hard to get back in exactly the right place, but after some fiddling i got it lined up and started plugging components back in, the AIM manual was very handy for seeing exactly what you had and where it all went.
The gear shifter was looking a bit tired, i decided to strip, clean and paint the components to ensure it was in full working condition.
Easy to strip and the parts to remove are obvious, no detailed strip down notes required for this one.
Cleaned, painted/oiled and ready to re-assemble